Christian Education for all ages is especially important at First Church as we strive to encourage lifelong learning and discipleship.
Sunday Adult Education Opportunities
Classes for Adults (9-10 a.m.)
- Early Birds: Room 212 – led by Holli Davenport – discussions on faith issues centered on a book or video series (Class begins in early Oct.)
Classes for Adults (10-11 a.m.)
- Prayer of the Heart: Room 207 – led by Josh Stringer and Jerilee Avery. The Prayer of the Heart group is a meditation circle that meets throughout the year. Prayer of the Heart is an ancient practice dating back to some of the earliest Christian communities. Sessions include a time of reading from a spiritual book, a time of silent meditation, a meditation on a passage from scripture, and a time of sharing. All those interested in deepening their interior life and abiding in the presence of Christ are welcome.
- Family Matters: Room B-8 – Support and information on faith and life concerns for parents of children and teens
- Digging Deeper in Theology and Ethics: Carrier Room (Room 116) – led by Charlie Wallace – A study and discussion about faith and justice issues
- Adult Bible Study: Room 107 – led by Gary Onstot – A study of the Books of the Bible. (New material every 6 weeks.)
- Get Acquainted class: Dining Room –Dates to be decided. Led by Volunteer Coordinator, Leta Brewster
- New Membership class: Room 114 – dates to be decided. Led by Rev. Dan Pitney
- Bridges: Room 110 – A gathering and learning space for differently-abled adults and their care-givers
- Fits and Giggles: MICAH Conference Room/Childcare area – designed for parents of preschoolers and young children, shared facilitation by group. A casual gathering time, where parents can share their challenges and joys in an accepting environment.
Sunday morning opportunities for Youth and Children
Children’s classes will use age-appropriate curriculum to learn Bible stories, faith practices, ministry, and service opportunities.
- Preschool & Kindergarten – Room 204 – (10-11 a.m.)
- Rejoice! Kids’ Choir – Room 304 – 1st through 5th graders meet for choir from 10-10:20
- 1st & 2nd Grade – Room 210 (10:20-11 a.m., after children’s choir time)
- 3rd-5th Grade – Room 203 (10:20 – 11 a.m., after children’s choir time)
- Middle & High School Youth – MICAH Youth Center – Using a variety of curricula, the focus is on social issues, mission work, the environment, and making a difference in the world.